Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sweet Potato Fries

This one is pretty basic but I know there'd been a few questions about how to get them just right. By just right I mean crispy around the edges and soft on the inside. My sweet potato fries couldn't get any easier.

Depending on the size of the potato I normally try to get about 8 wedges (cut length wise) from my potatoes. If you think a wedge is too big - slice it in half again. Just make sure all your wedges are about even in thickness.

Here's where it get really tricky:

  • Preheat the oven to 425
  • Lay your wedges out on the pan (baking stone preferred)
  • Drizzle with olive oil
  • Sprinkle with Kosher or Coarse Sea Salt and Pepper
  • Flip and or shake to make sure every wedge is well coated
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes
Although I tend to stick with the classic, you can get really creative with the seasonings. Here are some interesting ones I've seen: Chipotle powder, smoked paprika, Chinese five-spice, pumpkin pie spice, Cajun seasoning, Old Bay or Sugar.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment